clients / case studies / universities
Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine
Create an online learning solution that is both flexible and expandable
An online program; from initial interest in the Fellowship Program, through acceptance, registration and program curriculum/tracking with community functionality, on to graduation
IntroductionThe Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine was dependent on an aging online learning solution that was no longer able to meet their needs. The online learning program for integrative medicine was continually expanding and their current system was unable to support the growing customer base and the need for additional features and solutions.
What did we do?
- Ephibian built a media rich web based learning management solution for the program to manage relationships and learning with their fellows
- This multimedia system is engaging and interactive allowing fellows to dive into scenarios, apply knowledge in relevant situations, learn new practices and test and manage their skill set and relationship with the University
How did we do it?
- Determined the client requirements through extending meetings and development of a requirements analysis and extensive site “mock-up” wireframes
- Utilizing the Ephibian Framework Technology (EFT), Ephibian built the system
- Developed the online application system with multi-step approval process
- Integrated the site with the university’s online payment system for program application and tuition fees as well as for standalone online course payments
- Developed social areas of the site including member profiles and lookups, photo upload, discussion groups, news articles, and job postings
- Constructed the “Campus” area of the site for existing fellows in the program
- Developed online courses with testing, grading, flip-page information, resources and references
- Developed the ability to enter year-long curriculum by quarter with pre-requisites, assigned instructors, and periodic notifications of progress through the program