clients / case studies / non-profit
The Williams Institute
To update their site with new features and provide them with the means to administer the site themselves
A site with enhanced functionality built on the robust DotNetNuke® framework, including an intuitive content management system
IntroductionThe Williams Institute (TWI) for Ethics and Management is a non-profit corporation whose mission is to build ethics in the community wherever people are working together to meet a common goal, and provide the means for communities to build an effective ethics-impacted work environment.
TWI offers services such as learning tools and resources, as well as training materials and services. TWI felt that their previous web site was outdated and did not provide all of the functionality they were looking for. Updating their site with new information or products proved to be both difficult and costly.
TWI desired a new, modern look as well as having tools with the ability to easily modify the site without technical knowledge. Additionally, they wanted to add new functionality which included site blogs and community forums. Ephibian was called upon to bring the concept to fruition.
What did we do?
- Built a new robust site that included shopping carts, blogs and community forums in a matter of weeks
- A brand new ‘skin’ was integrated into the framework providing a new a modern look, without losing any previous content that TWI wished to retain
- The system was set up so that multiple aspects of the site can be updated in-house by non-technical staff and without delays or requiring costly technical support, including for example, the ability to:
- easily add new products to their online store
- update pricing
- edit text or graphics on any existing page
- add or delete pages
- update menus
- add modules such as “news updates” to pages
How did we do it?
- Ephibian built the site by utilizing the DotNetNuke® framework
- All of the pre-existing site content was converted to the new framework and the entire site was completed in just a few weeks