clients / case studies / businesses
Extend the online capability to include the completion of real estate contracts
An extension of key online functionality.
IntroductionHomebid.com, an industry leader in online real estate sales, had an existing product that was the internet’s elite real estate offer management tool. The product allowed listing agents to negotiate offers with potential buyers until an offer was accepted.
Homebid.com needed to enhance the functionality of this product by additionally providing the online completion of real estate sales contracts.
What did we do?
- Built “forms functionality” on top of Homebid's existing application
- Developed document management and revision control capabilities for updating real estate transaction forms online
- Allowed for the addition of hundreds of different real estate forms in the United States, each of which has its own data, while maintaining a strong level of consistency
How did we do it?
- Created a relationship whereby data in the Homebid.com database and data in the real estate form could be defined in an XML file so that when a real estate agent adds the form to their transaction, the XML descriptor is used to map data from the Homebid.com database into the form
- Built in a Revision Control for updates to online forms
- Integrated with Adobe Acrobat to ensure that the online versions of the real estate forms could retain the same presentation as the original form