clients / case studies / businesses
To automate software distribution
A customized, commercial-of-the-shelf solution
IntroductionLockheed-Martin, one of the United States leading defense contractors, required an automated solution for distributing software updates to machines throughout dispersed locations. Ephibian was contracted to implement the solution, based on IBM's Tivoli management framework.
What did we do?
- Architected and prototyped a fully automated solution for software distributions
- Positioned Lockheed Martin to extend the capability with their in-house expertise
- Carried out an upgrade to the latest Tivoli release
- Provided Lockheed Martin with complete documentation for project
How did we do it?
- We built a prototype software distribution capability of the Tivoli management framework
- Solution included scripts that automatically built profile managers, file package profiles (including nested file package profiles) and assigned subscribers
- The solution automatically checks that the Tivoli daemon is running on these subscribers, pre-views distributions, and distributes to subscribers
- Before, after, removal and commit (BARC) programs were integrated into the profile creation and distribution process.